Tuesday, May 15, 2007

There's a BIG Smile on my face

And it's all because of some great news I got after work yesterday...

No, that's not my test, but it does belong to someone close to me.

YUP! It's official, I'm going to be an AUNTIE!!!!

I'm very excited about this news, maybe more so than my brother & sister-in-law. I've wanted to be an auntie for so long, and while my friends' kids are great, it's just not the same thing. Honestly, I don't think any of the rest of the family thought they were even interested in having kids, so this was a very pleasant surprise. I think it's going to take Mom a lot of getting used to. She REALLY never thought she was going to be a Grandma... she'll get over it! =) Anyway, I'm thrilled to bits & I've already started thinking about all of the knitting I can do. Between my cousing that's expecting in August & my new neice or nephew, the needles are going to be smoking with all of the baby knitting that's about to commence.

So...uh...yeah, knitting content to come soon. I have 1 pair of socks done & waiting for pictures & should have another pair done tonight...must find camera

Auntie D

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Holy crud woman, you gave me a small stroke over here when I saw that picture..
I literally double checked the blog I was reading, realized it was indeed you, and then thought to myself, "Wow!". And then I started reading.
It is still "Wow!", and Congratulations on being an Auntie..you will love it!
But dang woman, that picture throw me for a loop! =)

Sockergirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.