Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I Could Just Kiss You

I would like to give a big kiss to whoever it was that came up with the portable air conditioning unit. It is currently #1 in my heart.

Living in the Puget Sound area we don't get a lot of really hot weather. So, because of that, not many people have air conditioning. For the most part it's not an issue, BUT, occassionally it does get HOT here & when that happens everyone gets miserable...and cranky. Currently we're in the middle of a heat wave. Yesterday it was 90 something and today will be near 100 if not 100. Keep in mind...no AC. BUT, I'm prepared this year. After spending a miserable summer last year in a 3rd floor aparment with a Western exposure, i wised up this year & got said portable air conditioner. Now, it doesn't cool the entire apartment, but with the bathroom closed & the hallway blocked by a sheet, it does cool off my bedroom & my roommate's bedroom. Good enough, i say! LONG LIVE AIR CONDITIONING!! Stay cool Seattle, next week should be back to normal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain! I lived in Seattle for three years while going to college, and lived in an apartment without AC. It would get sooo hot in there! I moved to Boston last year, and the heat is even worse... and of course still no AC. BTW I found your blog off Ravelry!