Monday, October 8, 2007

SocktoberFest

Geez, it's been a while since I've posted. =(

Lots going on here, not the least of which is heavy sock knitting. Now that the weather has changed I finally feel in the mood to knit socks. And boy have I. We're a week into Socktober & I've already finished 2 pairs of socks with my 3rd pair approaching the halfway point. Here's what I've finished so far.
On Line wool socks in plain old stockinette on 60 sts. I really like the colors in this.















Trekking XXL, color #84; 60 sts in 3x2 rib.

















My next pair is going to be in Socks that Rock, color Flower Power. It's the most recent color from their sock club. I should have this finished before the end of the week & I can't wait to see how they turn out.

I had an eventful weekend. On Saturday I met up with a couple of friends from work & we went to Calloon (sp?) in Chinatown, for dim sum. My first time having dim sum, but definitely not the last time. It was GREAT! After that, though, I was in MSG overdose & had to lay down for a 1/2 hour. After that, my dad took me to a deli where I could find Head Cheese. If you don't know what that is, go to Wikipedia & read about it...it's gross. BUT, we had been talking about it at work a couple of weeks before & someone there said that she'd buy me lunch if I had a picture of myself trying it. Soooo...off to the deli we went & sure enough, they had head cheese. The lady there was super nice & cut me a razor thin slice so that I could try it. My dad took the picture...after 3 tries & 3 pieces of head cheese. BUT, I've got my free lunch. =) I have to say, I know what's in it & I was shocked that it didn't make me sick. I'm not saying I liked it, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be. I'm even going to get a small bit next weekend & take it in to work for the brave people to try for themselves. BUT, i'm going to be nice & give them crackers to eat it on.

That's it's it for now. It's getting cold in here, so I think it's time to cuddle with the cats & knit. But, I'll leave with these....


























2 comments:

Sockergirl said...

glad you are coming back around to the socks side. I was getting worried for bit. :) can't wait to see the girl power!

Melanie said...

hey Denise!
Long time no see (my bad)
Anyway, just wanted to say "hi" and let you know that I have finagled getting Thursday nights off from work so I can go to Crossroads...and I am currently bribing and begging to get Fridays off as well...hope to see you soon!
Melanie