Sunday, April 29, 2007

Sock Madness update






So, yes, I'm officially out of the madness, but I'm still playing along. I meant to post the pictures of my Round 4 socks last week, when I finished them, but I had camera issues. Anyways, here are my completed Mad Weave socks. I did them in Lorna's Laces in Flames. I have to say that I really like these, although I have to get a better picture of the pattern. You really can't see it in these.



I've also got a picture of my first completed sock for the Round 5 pattern...Mad to Dance. I love the way this looks, but the pattern leaves a lot to be desired. Now, I have to say, that I can take a stitch or pattern & insert it into a generic sock pattern no problem, but if I'm following a pre-written pattern for a sock, I expect it to be a well written and COMPLETELY written pattern. This round 5 pattern was anything but that. I won't go into everything here, but it just felt like the designer started out with this great pattern & just got tired of writting it so last 2/3's of the pattern were just notes on how she went about working it. I'm really glad I wasn't competing in this round because that pattern would have been the death of me. Luckily I took a lot of notes so I can make the second sock without the problems. C'est la vie, I guess. They really are lovely...

I decided to do them in Vesper Self-Striping yarn in Neopolitan. It's some of the softest yarn I've ever made socks with. They definitely make me want some neopolitan ice cream, too!

Well, off to start working on sock #2.

1 comment:

Sockergirl said...

cough cough.....I might have a complete pair by tomorrow. :) Unless my head explodes.